John: I read those articles in the links that you provided above. When they talk about both time and frequency domain corrections, they must have some fairly robust algorithms that they are using. Even thought they do not give any specifics, they sound very complex by the very nature of what they are trying to do.

If we are to believe what is claimed, I don't know how you would realistically correct for anything calculated/ compensated by the receiver unless you had a room full of test gear. It just doesn't seem that it can be done. I'd either use it as calculated or turn it off. Mine is off.

I think that I now have my new receiver set up fairly well with one exception. I don't have my subwoofer woof'n exactly right. I went through the setup menus to make sure that it was turned on. I also double checked the connection to the Onkyo to make sure that I didn't do something stupid like connecting the subwoofer cable to the wrong preout. Guess that I'm going to have to do some more look'n, check'n and test'n this weekend.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV