Our new home theatre room is finally complete, as is the entire basement reno (new office, games room and wine cellar).

I have put a set of photos up online which can be viewed here.

This link may change in the next week as i need to fix the broken 'home' button but my ftp access is down at the moment.
These shots were taken with the little Canon point and shoot digicam so the quality is less than stellar. The low lighting does not help any. I shouldl have some higher resolution shots available once i get the Nikon shots developed.

The reno took about 4-5 months.
Specifics features in the HT room include:
  • Near Golden Ratio room dimensions.
  • Double insulated walls (sound controlled, not soundproofed).
  • Flat dark grey paints for walls and ceiling with heavy charcoal grey carpeting.
  • Media doors have hook clasps to pull them tight and weather stripping all around, plus bottom sweeps.
  • Lighting dimmers.
  • In-wall wiring for surrounds (14ga, double stranded). A full 7.1 setup in 2 directions is possible.
  • Access tubes down the centre and across the 'front' (in the pics this is actually the far wall). The tubes can be used for running new lines in the future hookup of a FP, all accesible through a utility room on the backside of the angled wall.
  • Ceiling access panel for tube and electrical for future FP.
  • Two configurable positions for viewing and lounge placement. Three if you can squeeze a smaller tv into the angled wall side.

The last things left to do includes:
  • New storage furniture for dvds and cds.
  • Heavy curtain for French doors.
  • Heavy tapestry for front wall (unless the furniture takes up the space).

Future features (likely within 2 years) includes:
  • Front projection setup, mechanized screen.
  • Better universal remote.

Last edited by chesseroo; 02/05/06 07:27 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."