Since I did have room for two sets of 7.1 systems, I sold and delivered a pair to a long time friend in the Portland area. He loves the 80s and is now saving up funds for a complete 5.1 Axiom system, so they have a great home. The other three 80s and the QS8s, I sold to a neighbor down the street, I delivered the 80s, installed the spikes, and set them in place, that was about 3 months ago. Long story, but they was a delay in things and about 4 weeks ago I called and told him the QS8s were able to be picked up.
Last Friday, I asked him to come and get the surrounds, he then informs me there was a problem with his girlfirend and the 80s, she did not want them in the house, so wanted to return them. I went down last evening to pick up my 80s, and I find that he had moved them from the family room into the dinning room so his gf did not need to see them. The dummy had sat them side by side with the spikes up so they would not damange the carpet, one of the GF issues. With them not being the most stable that way, was lucky his cats had knocked them over.
So now the Axioms are back home and safe, and well outside washing the vehicles today, I had a thought, I had purchased a pair of the W3s for the garage, which ended up in the master bedrroom. So instead of selling the Axioms to another person that has no clue about treatment of good speakers, I made the decision that I will just use the Axioms in a 5.1 system for the garage.
I have the old Sony DE-935 that I will power them with, and using zone 2 out of the C2, I can feed the audio out from the main system to the Sony. I have an old powered sub woofer that will work till I get a good deal on an Axiom sub of some sort. Luck have it, I just cleaned and organized the garage last weekend, so this weekend I'll be getting the Axioms in place and some wires ran so I can locate the ideal locations for the 80s and the QS8s. Will post some pics once they are in place if people are interested.