I for one was glad that I had bought new when it was time for me to buy a new amp. When I was looking at what amp to buy I did look into what amps out there had a reliable reputation and high customer satisfaction. It came down to two amps Parasound and Rotel; I went with the Rotel solely because the dealer was 40 miles closer to my home.

When I did buy a Rotel RB 1070 I had brought it home had it all hooked an then...................nothing, it was dead. I took it back to the dealer and instead of going with the same model I figured I would go with the bigger RB 1080. From what I had read it was suppose to be a good reliable amp. I then brought this amp home got it all hooked up, it powered up fine and played fine for 4 hours when it then had the left channel go out. By this time I was pretty disappointed with my luck and the Rotel amps. I told the dealer I would give them one more chance and luckily this amp has been flawless for over two years now. I was told by the Rotel rep, not the dealer that I was the only one he knew of that had ever received two bad amps, call that luck...........bad luck I guess.

Anyhow I was certainly glad these were new products or I would have been sol twice.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud