This topic comes up a lot. Axioms are not bright. For some reason people on AVS and other biased forums like to give Axiom a bad name. Everyone hears differently. Some speakers are designed to give a more laid back sound, that is not for me. I want a speaker that will produce the recording faithfully, not try to disguise or muffle what your hearing. Axioms speakers are very neutral/efficient/detailed are saying they are bright could not be the furthest from the truth.

If you Search this forum for "Bright" you will find many threads about this topic, when newbies have asked the same question.

I've owned a lot of speakers in my day; Optimus, Infinity, Klipsch, NHT, just to name a few. When I bought my Axioms a year ago I spent months auditioning brands like B&W, NHT, Paradigm and others. In my opinion, the Axioms for the money, were the best deal in the industry.

I would recommend you check the Audition Thread http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Auditions&Number=76567&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart= to see if there is anyone on the list or on the map in your area that will let you listen to their Axioms.

I learned a long time ago, to not listen to others, especially those on AVS that have never heard Axioms, and let my own ears do the judging.

ps: Welcome to our world.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85