Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried all of the above with the exception of the high-level inputs on the sub, due to difficult furniture situations etc. Another thing I forgot to mention was that the sub does not kick in, i.e. the LED does not go green, until the volume on my receiver is set to at least -30.0dB. When I turn up the volume on my receiver, the volume on the sub goes up in correct proportion, suggesting the connection is OK, I just seem to have little control over the sub its self using the sub's controls. Could I be getting a signal that is too weak from the receiver to the sub? Does resistance in the cable play any part in this? Surely if the sub volume goes up when I increase the volume of the music on my receiver, the connection is OK. But why doesn't the sub pick up any signal when the volume is set to -40.0dB? (Even with the subwoofer level set to maximum) Also note that when the volume is significantly higher, i.e. around -15.0dB, the sub is louder (Hence the 'increases in correct proportion') however I still have little control over the volume when adjusting the ep350's dial. This is becoming very frustrating, I'm hoping and praying it's not a faulty sub, as I live in the UK and sending the sub back will prove both costly and awkward. Thanks.