FedEx was here at 10am today and I had them up and running at 11am. Not even hooked up the QS8 yet, just the M60's and the VP150. I've had them on all day and only turned them off tonight about 11pm.

I wish I could say they blew me away, but that didn't happen. In fact, I was disappointed in how they sound. My opinion is based on music only so far, not movies. But music is my biggest concern and what I enjoy most. I'll hook up the rear speakers tomorrow and see how they sound.

I don't think you could find a better built speaker then these, built like a tank and they're beautiful to look at. I really hope I end up having to eat my words and start liking these speakers, and that could happen. I will say a few hours later they sounded better but still not great. And keep in mind I'm a newbie at this and could have something setup wrong.

I could also be having problems with my Onkyo receiver and it's not the speakers at all. I'll try to explain. About a year ago we had new carpet put in and when the guys moved my old speakers they didn't un-plug them and broke off 2 of the little male (RCA) post from the end of the cable inside the receiver that I couldn't never get out. In fact, one of the them fell inside the receiver out of sight. Also last Christmas someone put a book on top of the receiver which covered all the air vents, the receiver was on but not playing at the time. It took about 20 to 30 minutes and I started smelling (hot) no smoke or fire, just hot, very hot! Anyway, I wasn't using it much at the time and it still worked so I figured it was OK. But over time I think it was getting weaker and weaker. I noticed today I had to have the volume set to 60 just hear it at what I'd call a normal setting, and before it seems like it was at about 30 to 35. My plan is to buy a new receiver, maybe even this week. I'm thinking about a Denon 2805 or Denon 2106, any thoughts?

I'll keep these for a couple of weeks and see if they grow on me, and try to hear them with a new receiver before I say it's the speakers 100%. Needless to say I really want to like them and maybe I will. If so, I'll without a doubt retract my findings so far and even ask to have this post deleted. I think Axiom is a great company and a pleasure to do business with. So any new readers please don't take what I've said to heart, I really hope there's a bigger picture here and it will turn out with a happy ending. Thanks!

R.T.