Well I have some good news and some bad news!

The good news is there's nothing wrong with the speakers and they sound great! I was so happy to hear those speakers come alive and fill the room with beautiful music.

The bad news is I need a new receiver. I played with this thing all night trying to get the settings right to make it sound good and no matter what I tried it still sounded like crap. So today my wife's Boss let me come to his office and pickup his Denon receiver. As soon as I turned it on I knew it was my receiver, his sounded great even without doing a setup. So I ordered a refurbished Denon 2106 just a couple of hours ago and should have it by the end of the week.

Guess I'll see if I can send my old Onkyo out somewhere to get it fixed because there's no place around here that can work on them. You guys know of any place? It's out of warranty so I don't know if Onkyo would take it in or not. I noticed today there was a tapping noise going on, you could only here it at the beginning and end of a song. Once the music started it covered it up. Also, for a while today, when I turned the volume up using the remote, the numbers would go back-wards, and the opposite would happen when I turned the volume down, numbers would go up. So I gave up on it and like I said ordered another receiver.

I appreciate all the input and I'm sorry I had to waste everyones time trying to fix a dead horse. My hats off to Axiom for making such nice speakers and I'm glad it was the receiver and not them. Oh, I hooked up the rear speakers today too and there awesome also!

Thanks again!

R.T.