In reply to:

Plasmas are much better today than they were even three years ago but they still do suffer image burn-in. This becomes a problem if you're game has a bright white score board or other stationary image. When you quit the game the ghost of the score board will carry over into your television and movie watching ... for how long depends. The sets at work it's forever. The plasmas also suffer from something called clay face - where the colors and tones that should be continous are all one tone like the person's face was made of one color bar of clay vice contionus skin tones.

Paul, its more like "but they still can suffer image burn-in." Like any other expensive electronic equipment, the manner that the person uses it factors in to the end result of the product. I know the 5th gen Panny plasma here at work has a continuous, non-fullscreen, Powerpoint rolling to update everyone to the plant's status, and the Tv's not burnt in to say the least. I suppose if we cranked the brightness up to a excessively high level, we could burn it in, but who's willingly going to f-up their screen.
Also, clayface (other than being a pretty interesting Batman rogue) is pretty much non-existent on the newer plasmas with the better video processing hardware(Panny and Pioneer). I haven't even heard of it much recently with the "cheaper" brands like Maxent and Vizio.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?