In reply to:

Funny, I have some Corsair XMS matched pair and I'm not going to bother spending extra for ram again... I don't see the value of it. Not to mention my XMS is only stable if I over volt it.

FYI I've built nothing but high perf computer systems for the last 10+ years now.

FYI that last part not only is passively insulting but assumes that I don't know what I'm doing. But if you want to play the resume game then I'll match your 10 years of system building and raise you 12 years in Information Sytems plus my newly minted B.Sci Comp.Sci. Ok then. If you don't want the XMS I'll take it. I've had my 3.4GHz machine up over 4.6GHz stable with the XMS. I also like that I can clock the ram at 2-2-2-6 without any problem. Best I could do playing with the Kingston Value Ram that went into my wife's new system (her idea of gaming is basically Tetris-like games and card games, no need for high performance there) was 3-3-3-8. Yes, I am a bit of a benchmark nerd but it's fun. And I don't my home equipment from salespeople. Look around enough you can get the top-shelf stuff for around the same price range as the generic stuff from your local computer store. And certainly cheaper than a Big-Box store. Mwave, BuyXG, Xoxide, NewEgg, they all have daily/weekly/monthly sales and unadvertised specials and unadvertised sales.

Edited to say sorry for being snippy. Even Sundays can be bad days.

Last edited by LightninJoe; 03/20/06 01:59 AM.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti