I am trying to decide between an EP 500 and an EP 600, but I have some questions/concerns about placement in my particular situation.

I have a "media niche" (the builder's phrase, not mine) that is being converted. It is essentially a large shelf or "pony wall" that is 22.5 inches high that runs most of the width of my family room. I'm having a false front, drawers, etc. put in/on it so that I can utilize the space within the area.

If possible, I would like to place the subwoofer within this space, behind a piece of what is essentially grill cloth. My question(s) is four-fold:

1). Provided I can work with the subs settings, move it left or right, etc., will the sub's performance be compromised by being installed "in cabinet" style?

2). Will the Axiom subs shake the snot out of my TV (and other components) that sits on top of this cabinet/shelf to the point that my video will be compromised?

3). If so, is there something I can do to cut down on the vibration without messing up the bass?

4). Is the EP 600 going to be overkill and/or worth the price difference over the EP 500 in a 17' x 17' room that is open on one side to the kitchen?

As far as the other speakers are concerned, I am getting the Epic 60 home theater package.

Thanks,

Dave