I as well, am "shopping" and i have to wonder about all the m80 reccomendations. reason?

I asked the same about 60 v 80 w/ a yammy rx-v2500 and MORE people said to go with the 60. the 2500 is 130watts a channel 7.1. so this is now confusing.

I understand its human nature to "push" what YOU have yourself, and it seems to have taken over in this thread. or please correct me if i am wrong.

the amount that the receivers in question can drive the 8ohm 60 should be "optimal",but the 4ohm 80? I have to question if 95-130 watts is enough to "optimally" drive a pair of the 80's.

after all who wants "just ok" with a purchase amount this high? I'm sure everyone wants the "optimal" sound from their $$$ investment. I know I sure do

Lastly, those that favor and reccomned that he get the 80's , do you drive them with only 95-130 watts per ch.? and if not what dedicated power amp do use/ reccomend for "optimally" driving the 80's?

I hope my comments and questions are not taken as snide or the like , they are not intended that way. I myself am learning and still considering what to buy, and this has confused me, as my thinking [having a yammy v2500] was 60 mains. It seems the more info I gather the more questions I have and want to learn more. thanks