first sorry if it seems I hijacked this thread, just didn't see the point of starting a new one to address the exact same issues. Secondly thanks to all that have replied, I appreciate all input,

upgradeitus? well as I started my shop'n' it was m22 mains, ep350 sub, now its ep500 sub and either m60 or m80 mains. I guess the thing that has stopped me from going with d m80's is the 6ohm and the 130 watts the receiver can feed them, just not thinking its gonna be as good as it can be.

let me present this if I may , remember I am limited in what I have avail to purchase where I live now. so there is a Pioneer amp that has a right and left, at 130 watts a channel. Does it make sense or even be worth it to give the mains the extra "juice"? be it the m80's or even the m60's? would there be a discernable listening difference?

as it is now I am still leaning toward the m60's, ep500(or hsu vtf mII, which is quite a bit cheaper than the ep500) sub, with qs8 rears.

but as it should be apparent by now *to a few of you, anyway *I want to make the most informed buying decisions that I can make. And get the most of my $$$ spent. FINALLY got the irs return so I'm ready $$$ wise, but still having a hard time with just what to get, See where I am it would be cost prohibitive to "simply return them within' 30 days", so I want to be sure I'm getting the best for what I can spend.

I want to thank you all again for the replies so far and those yet to come. Rock On