Ah! Then you know what I mean. What I love about this set up is this. I am listening at reasonably low levels but at nearfield. The speakers are no more than 40 to 45 inches away. I couldn' be accused of disturbing anyone even those in the very next room. It's like headphones but better. The baby is asleep. No one is yelling turn it down and I am drifting.

I have gone through 2 weeks of hearing problems. I have a history of this. The last 2 weekends I have lost virtually all of the hearing in my right ear. The left ear has had 70 hearing loss for years. So I was running on empty you might say. The 60's (years not the speakers) were very good to me. I thought I was going deaf. I went to the doctor and I had an ear infection and sinusitus. Imagine I had no pain and I felt fine. I have been on drugs for the last couple of days and things are sounding so wonderful again. See, I knew drugs put you in a more... never mind.(flashback) It's just the music tonight is incredible. I am listening to Les Davis on Pure Jazz Sirius Satellite. I highly recommend it. When I was first getting into Jazz in NY in the early to mid seventies Les was a DJ on WBAI, NY, listener supported radio. He was great then and he is greater now. Sorry for the grammer. I was so suprised to find all these DJ's I knew from back then on Sirius. Highly recommended. The sounds just keep on coming!
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon