I, too, would like to see the time available for editing extended. I do like that, when you edit a post here at the Axiom forum, you can chose whether you want others to know you've edited. Thus, I can quickly fix all of my stupid grammatical/spelling/punctuation errors (OK, most of them, anyway) without getting the raspberry from all of you.

On other boards, where you can edit your post anytime, even days later, you have a very short time (a few minutes) to edit without your edit being automatically noted at the bottom of your post. This is actually a good thing since it prevents people form changing the context of their post without others knowing the post has been edited.

However, many times times the edit is a simple grammatical/spelling/punctuation correction that I'd rather not have to admit. . But, most boards which operate this way have a "reason for editing" feature which allows you to explain your edit. I guess I'd rather have the ability to edit a post anytime, and endure the embarrassment of having my silly errors exposed, than not be able to edit after a half hour or so.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing the board upgraded to include features available at other boards that I find useful (such as a "QUOTE" button that automatically quotes the post to which I'm replying), there are a few things this board has, that I would hate to lose, like the "Who's Online" feature. And, I actually prefer creating my own links as opposed the the buttons that create them on other boards.

Regarding a spell checker, if you use Internet Explorer, or an IE based browser, I cannot recommend too highly ieSpell. It's a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a web page. It's not adware or spyware. It places a small button on your IE toolbar, and works just like the spell checker in Word. It's fast, customizable, and spell checks in any of the 3 variants (US, UK and Canadian) of the English Language! Though it's free, they do ask for a donation. I donated because I believe in supporting well designed programs that actually ARE helpful.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton