I forgot to mention one thing about this forum which I love and would hate to see change. When you login to any forum, there are indicators denoting new threads and new posts. On this forum, we have numbers showing how many of each. On other forums there are check marks, or the thread is highlighted in bold, or whatever.

On this forum, those indicators do not disappear UNTIL you refresh the Main Index page. On most of the other forums I frequent, these indicators seem to disappear after a certain length of time (which seems to be about a half hour), regardless of whether I've read the posts or not. I'm often called away from the computer for one reason or another, or it takes me longer than a half hour to compose, insert pics and/or links in, and edit (so I don't make to large a horse's posterior of myself), a post. The result is, there are no more indicators of which threads have new posts, and which posts in the thread are new. I have to check dates and time, which lengthens the process even more. I HATE THAT! .

So, I sincerely hope that, whatever changes are implemented, if any, the indicators of new threads and posts remain as they are now, unchanged, until the Main Index page is refreshed.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton