Ah, right you are; emorphien; about similar characteristics between Grado/Alessandros and Axioms. Exactly why I got me a set of them thar MS-1s!! They sound just about the same as my M3s/M50s!!

My M3s in my old room were great! Fabulous soundstage, excelent imaging....really good stuff!! Not as revealing as the M22s, perhaps, but really good stuff indeed!!

In my new larger room with horrible acoustics, my M50s are at a disadvantage to my Alessandros which have nothing in the path of the sound other than my outer ears.

Were it not for the degradation of the sound going from old room to new, chances are I wouldn't have looked for a way to get my M3 sonic axcellence back!

Interestingly; I have been doing tons of investigating in picking just the right headphones(as I did when deciding on just the right speakers)and I found that the Alessandro line more closely approximates the slightly laid-back Axiom M3/M50 pair; while the Grado line is more similar to the more foreward, more accurate Axiom M2/M22/M60, and M80.

I also have to admit that I am very impressed with your SR325s. So much so that I'm seriously looking at a set of Alessandro MS-2 which, of course, are Alessandros' slightly modified version based on the aluminum housing of the SR325i.

.....upgraditus strikes in the can set too!!