I had, and loved, the M60s/VP150/QS8s. IMHO, Axioms have a huge "WOW" factor. The truth is there isn't a speaker extant that EVERYBODY likes, and it's impossible for us to predict your reaction. However, I'm confident the Axioms will embarrass the Bose you tried.

Rick's (Wid's) suggestion is an excellent one. If you like the sound of the M60s or M80s, then you can be confident you'll like the sound of the Axiom center and surrounds of your choice. If you don't like them you only need pay shipping on two speakers to Buffalo, NY, where Axiom maintains a returns depot.

I'd call Axiom, explain the situation, and ask if the 5% discount for ordering 5 items would still apply if you order the 2 mains now, and then order the other 3 speakers within the 30 day trial period. I think it still applies, but I'm not 100% sure. You'll find the folks at Axiom down to earth and easy to deal with. They will not "hype" you in any way. They are much more interested in having a satisfied customer than in making a quick sale.

By the way, if you order from the Factory Outlet, you can save an additional 10%.

"The products offered here may have a slight blemish, but they are absolutely PERFECT in every other aspect of their sound performance ---- they have absolutely no operational problems or sound performance issues, and come with the same 30-day Money-Back Guarantee and 5-Year Warranty (1-Year for powered subwoofers) as our regular products."

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton