The SXRD is amazing, to the point, where I don't watch non-hd channels anymore. Regular TV leaves a lot to be desired. You're right the second generation will come out late with 1080 P. There not much HD content, let along 1080P content these days. The 60inch dominates any room you put it in. my room is 15 x 20 and you can't miss the TV.

It took some tweaking to get my SXRD to look right. In the stores, they have a tendency to put it on "Vivid" picture mode due to the brightness. I like "pro" with adjustments

If sony is too expensive, look at the JVC ILA, its the same basic technology as the SXRD, liquid crystal on silicon.

I did not go with the DLP's to the lack of brightness on an angle. Also, my XBox 360 looked great on a sony. plasmas look great, but there are some that have afterimages and I can't do that with the amount of video games we play.

Greenish on the TV is crap, return that TV immediatly if that ever happened to you. I did not buy my stuff at CC or BB. They are worthless.

Remember the return rates for ANY HD TV are very high, with some stores reporting 25%.

my two thoughts. with HD content and a DLP/SXRD/PLASMA you will be a happy man. find the best tv for your budget and move on, and don't forget the hd package for your dish / cable.