Chris, saw this post and decided to register. Too often people only complain about things on Bulletin Boards so I figured I'd share the good.

I've had an Epic 80 - 600 now for roughly 3 weeks in combination with the Outlaw 990 / 7700 and am very pleased with all. In the past I have owned B&W’s, M&K’s, Infinity and others. Still use a pair of B&W 700 series but blew a midrange and decided it was time to try something different. As not being able to afford a new pair of 800’s I thought it time to try something new. My dream system is a pair of 800 D’s with a McIntosh 602. Incredible sound but closing in on 50 grand. For now I truly believe that this system (80-600 / 990-7700) is 95-97% of that. At 1/7th the price. The last 3% is VERY spendy if you know what I mean.

Overall thoughts: Epic 80's are very clean, neutral and balanced with an outstanding horizontal sound stage. I did however raise them 8” off the floor on stands to create a better seated sound. (For me, could be personal preference.) The vertical sound is noticeably better this way. Though they do fill a very large room quite nicely. 32x28x16. Just had to find a sweet spot for theater viewing. There is a bit of brightness in mine but I mainly contribute that to my room environment. All hardwood floors with out much absorption of standing waves. I give them 8.5 out of 10. B&W’s a bit “warmer”. But that’s after years of use too. The Axioms might mellow a bit with age.

Overall thoughts Outlaws: 990 is a great pre amp with easy to follow and navigate on screen programming. Once set up you basically leave it alone short of selection and volume. Took all of 10 minutes to program. If that. It has a few quirks operation wise such as the remote Power Button only shuts it off. In order to turn it on you need to press what ever Input you want to listen too such as CD, DVD, etc. It then comes right on to your pre programmed settings. The remote also takes a bit of getting used to. Nothing that a couple of days using it won’t cure. Honestly now that I have everything set up I use a universal remote and about 3 or 4 functions. It’s all you need once it’s programmed. Great decoding, has handled everything that I’ve thrown at it flawlessly. I use just plain old 2 channel stereo a lot and it has wonderful sound with these Axiom 80’s. I ‘m running balanced cables through out and it’s great. There has been some talk about bass management issues in some of the forums that I have read. I don’t know what those people are smoking but the 990 has more bells and whistles, maybe too many, then a person could ever need. I had originally set the cross over (on the 990) at 60 mhz and found the EP 600 to be a bit “boomy” no matter how I set things. Then I set it to 40 mhz and things improved dramatically! The M80’s clearly handled everything down that far. Bottom line it’s a great pre / pro at an affordable price probably the best thing going.

Overall thoughts 7700: Fantastic! Clean, plenty of power, great sound. Absolutely nothing bad to say about it. It will rock your world or subtlety put you to sleep and still power everything at equal volumes. Unless you need to power a stadium this thing is wonderful. Go for it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Axiom (and Outlaw) for a GREAT affordable product!

Robert