AARRGGH!

Not for sure what's going on but last night I flipped the receiver on and noticed a difference in the sound. Took a step or two back and only the FL channel is working. No Right, no center no surrounds. I immediately thought that the kids maybe changed settings but they all checked out so I then pulled that heavy sucker out of the cabinet to check connections. Unfortunately all were in tact. So I played with it a bit more but no help, it seems that the other channels have just died. I don't know why but it has happened. I had planned on getting a new receiver within the next six months or so but now my timeline seems to have changed.

Life goes on and worse things could happen but I already miss my HT. :-) I am so far behind on receivers these days not sure where to start. Also, my price point has probably dropped a great deal by accelerating the purchase. Just wrote the check this week to the ortho for #1 childs braces - holy crap!!! But I just think of that beautiful smile on that beautiful child . . . OK excuse me, I just fell into that proud Papa mode for a sec :-) Also, I just purchased my new toy. A 1,024 sq in., 70,000 BTU stainless steel behemoth of a BBQ. Man, does my timing stink, or what? But must tell you that the bone in ribeye cooked on the grills rotisserie was a thing of beauty.

Any suggestions on a $400 or so receiver?
cheers