Quote:

thanks for the help guys. I actually only have the 2 m50's for now. I do have m22's but not part of that system. ( not sure if they would work anywhere, another thread later . I'm thinking i will go for the m80's to just make sure that the only thing i'll need in the future is more power. I bought the m50's when i really did want the 60's/80's but couldn't justify the extra $ at the time. now's a good chance to fix that.

Also a sub will come later but for some reason i tend to like the sound from full range speakers for the type of music i listen to (electronic).

adrian

This is kinda sad, really.

Something I would really like to know:

How are the M50s selling?

I understand that only one in ten folks who buy floorstanders buy M50s.

Out of those; I wonder how many actually buy the M50s when they'd really rather have the M60s or 80s, but the wallet gets in the way?

And now with the v2 M60s pulling in far fewer complaints these days about sibilance or brightness(when WAS the last time someone asked about resistors, anyway?)it's getting harder and harder to recommend the M50s. I know it's been a long time since I began qualifying each M50 question with a counter question about the purchasers' financial situation.

Not to start a flame er....scirmish, but I wonder if the M60 has been pulled a little closer to the uh, "Pleasant side"?

I suspect that; were I buying speakers today....
Rich.