I was just reading about the GT500 in one of my latest auto mags. I agree that it is pretty sweet. I am not a big fan of most convertibles though. They are fun to have the wind in your hair and all, but I think that a coupe is a little more agressive looking.

If I won the lottery though I think that I would go with some cars that are a little more unique. A Noble M15 and a Ariel Atom would find a home in my garage. Sure, I've always been a Lamborghini fan, even back before most Americans had ever heard of Lamborghini (thanks to Miami Vice and their Ferrari Testarossa), but even they are getting too common. Plus, I could blow the doors off of most Lambo's and Ferrari's with either the Noble or Atom for a lot less cash (Still have to be a LITTLE responsible with the windfall of money. Wouldn't want to waste it on a Porsche or something.)

The only "pony" car I would buy would be for my dad. I would get him a nice restored 1967 Pontiac Firebird convertable (I know, I made a comment about convertables being less aggressive.) like he had before my sister and I were born and he ended up traded it in for a station wagon. He deserves to have it back.

Farewell - June 4, 2020