Ooops, sorry bud, I wasn't clear on what I was disagreeing with. I think having an amp and pre/pro power the whole system makes a difference for all the speakers. I really noticed it on my DVD Audio disc of the Eagles Hell Freezes Over. The surround channels became more enveloping and made me feel as if I was there at the concert.

There is no question the HK receivers are good and provide nice solid current. I have owned them for years. In fact, I still have the HK 435 in use until my Outlaw gear gets here.

So, to summarize, I basically disagreed with using just two channels of amplification and the HK (to power the rest) and instead going for the gusto and having all channels powered by an external amp and pre/pro if the funds will allow.

Like I said before, it's all in the ear of the beholder. Some folks may prefer the sound of a receiver and vice versa. This was my own take on the situation.

I didn't mean to upset you or dis you in any way. I'm just expressing my experience with the gear. I know a ton of stuff out there really hypes the reviews and such...I was just validating it with real world application.

Chris

"What's the writing on that treasure chest say...EP600?"