It's all good then....sweet!

I love the avatar too...took me a long time to find one I liked!

It's funny you mention doing the Denon and using it as a Pre-Amp....I had pondered doing the same thing with the HK.
You will definitely hear an audible difference from your internal Denon amps and seperate amps even if they are rated at the same power output. You could go that way first and build up to the complete package.

To further improve the overall sound characteristics, a dedicated pre/pro gives you a better signal to Noise ratio and a bunch of other technical advantages because it only has to work on decoding the signal and not amplifiying your speakers too. You can crank it up much, much higher without clipping.
It's not really about being louder but more dynamic and impactful. Honestly, it's hard to describe but trust me there is a difference that is worth the extra cash IMHO.

My opinion is...try out the Outlaw gear (or any other seperates for that matter) to see if you think it is worth it. If you are not pleased you can send it back within 30 days. Even at a dealer demo you are not quite sure how it will sound in your specific room. I did a home demo using Rotel gear and wow, even my fiancee who is generally clueless about this stuff remarked how much better is was. I returned the gear (I know the store manager ) since Rotel was too expensive for me and stumbled into the Outlaw stuff.

You will be shocked at the performance difference....I know the Axioms are great through a receiver...take those babies to a new level!

I'm sorry if I sound like a sales guy...I'm just a boring accountant. But I know great sound when I hear it. Heck, if you are not happy, just send the stuff back.

I know this stuff ain't cheap but it is worth every penny. If the woman in your life sits up and takes notice, that is saying a whole lot!

Chris

"What's the writing on that treasure chest say...EP600?"