>>The Honda Odyssey has been consistently named the best minivan

That's the model I was trying to remember. I was astounded how quiet and comfortable it was inside.

For me it was a tossup between the Magnum and the Odyssey... people *claiming* to be my friends suggested I went with the Magnum over the [correction] Odyssey because "Magnum" was so much easier to spell

The Suburban is still my personal favorite, but since I was moving 40+ miles away from work I figured I should at least *try* for better gas mileage.

Of course having gone through the first winter at the new place I am now thinking hard about trading both vehicles for a big 4x4 -- if I could find a Dodge Power Wagon with the '06 pricing incentives I think I might take the plunge... I can always draft behind the constant stream of big dump trucks to get better gas mileage.

>>I'm looking enviously at the Audi wagons, myself. They've put some real screamers in that lineup.

Definitely. I used to think that 0-60 in 5 seconds was perhaps "excessive" for a station wagon but I am pleased to say that I no longer feel that way after driving the SRT-8.

Last edited by bridgman; 07/22/06 05:00 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8