About a year ago I was helping the girlfriend find a new vehicle. Her lack of knowledge per vehicles is frightening to say the least. Her criteria were pretty simple. A vehicle with decent ground clearance, 4 wheel drive, four doors, comfortable seats and under $30,000. I was so sick of test drives and ignorant salesmen after three solid days of car shopping that I was soon to become postal if I would have been handed one more business card or pumped with the “what do you do” questions salesman use to establish your ability to get credit.

At the end of this grueling ordeal, her choices were narrowed down to the Equinox and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep won the fight. The steering / braking was better, better AWD system, better fuel mileage, better warrantee, and most importantly to the lil’ lady, the seats were more comfortable.

You ought to check out the Grand Cherokee’s Randy. You can get as crazy with the options / price as you wish, or just get the basic model for under 30K. Or, you can get the SRT model with the 420hp 6.1 ltr hemi……now that little bugger is fun! http://www.jeep.com/srt/