Wow, I'm thrilled at the great response. There have been some great comments to help, even if the overall vote is split 50/50.

Jack, thanks for providing all the updates- and yes, you have a point about all this- I realize it is ultimately my decision, but again the feedback I've gotten so far is great. This is much better than holding a clipboard and approaching people at the mall

Sonicfox, no I haven't decided yet. I am purposely going to wait about a week before doing anything. I want to be sure I don't change my mind after it's too late.

Quote:

What’s your screen size? How far away are you sitting from it? How high is it off the floor (minus stage height)? -I’m building / mounting my screen this weekend, hence the questions.....

Mdrew:

It's a 16:9 screen that is 96" wide 54" tall, 110" diagonal (image size). I mounted it so that the bottom of the image is 32 inches off of the floor. The 1st row viewers are back 12 1/2 feet, and the 2nd row is about 18 1/2 feet back. My riser is 9" tall (limited by basement ceiling height of 7.5 feet, but it seems to be just enough that there are no problems).

Thanks also for the compliments, you will love the big screen for movies. Have fun!

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/