Gotcha, that's what that is for. I should have paid closer attention. Not that it matters much anymore, my friend's machines are all OSX now except 1 and that one can boot to either.

He owns a little recording studio and backs up projects to external drives as well as DVD. At least the projects that are done in Pro Tools. He has an Otari 2" 24 track recorder as well. Through a pretty complicated patch setup he can record through his old 70's era mixing board with nice built-in preamps on every channel to either the Pro Tools system or to the tape machine.

Funny how 10 years or so ago you couldn't touch even a used Otari for under like 30K and just last year he picked up the board and the Otari for 5K. I tell you, listening to the stuff he records there is something about the analog board/tape sound that just sounds right depending on the style. Folk, blues, jazz, punk and "grunge" just sound right the old school way. Horn bands, hip hop, the rest sound great on the digital side.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti