Quote:

Nice speaks! Got any pics of the nameplate on the back?

About the grilles, I noticed that while the newer design is nicer, the way it attaches to the speaker. The tab thing on the grill would be easy to break off, and yes it looked like they were just hot glued in. No complaints as I am very carefull with my audio stuff so it should never break. They will probbly send you a new grill. Too bad about the chips in the finish.

Here you go:

Yeah, I've had Axiom's for a few years now and own M3s, M2s, M22s, QS8s, and now of course M-60s. I've never had any problems with the grills- I figured maybe some people had problems because they were too ham-fisted or something.

Quote:

I'm not familiar if custom finishes are available in the Factory Outlet or not, so I'm not sure how yours were ordered.

It is rare that people find any cosmetic problems, even via the factory outlet, which is possible, but again, not the norm.

I ordered them brand-new and paid full price. After reading about other people's experiences with B-stock items, I thought that these qualified for that designation, because most people report very small nicks or scratches that I assume are like mine.

I'm not usually the complaining type. I don't want to make a big stink about a couple nicks, but I DID pay some good money for these and I didn't expect any nicks at all. The boxes arrived in great shape and were undamaged, so it happened before they were shipped.

I'll get over it though.. I'm just nit-picking, really. I love these and am enjoying them immensely. They will be the bookends of my HT for many years to come.