I unpacked the EP500 (man this thing is heavy). I hadn't made the connection that EP stood for Epicenter until I saw the name and logo on the box. My first thought at the logo was 'cute'.

I got everything plugged in as quick as I could. My initial impressions were very good. People have described the M80's as bright-and I was a tad worried about that. I have boston speakers in my car which are quite bright and I hate dialing the treble down. I think with truly bright speakers and you increase the volume the more apparent the treble becomes compared to the rest of the audio range. As I turn the volume up on these everything increases proportionately. The highs are controlled and sound accurate to my ear.

I listened to some music, then decided to play a movie. I hadn't really noticed the sub until I played the scene from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when the Vogons are about to destroy Earth. I just about went outside to ensure that there was no real alien invasion I should be aware of. At that moment I decided to stop considering the 'Epicenter' name 'cute'. Instead I realized that Axiom makes accurate speakers-right down to the name.

In all I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I think I would be very happy with the M60s and the 350. But I'd rather have too much speaker than not enough. I don't anticipate feeling the need to get better speakers for a decade.