Dave-Nice to meet a fellow Utahn here. I work in South Jordan and live in Sandy. All I can say about your HT is... WOW!

And I definitely plan a drive-by on Halloween-my son is looking forward to it too!

Fordprefect-thank you for saying you like the EC I picked out. I don't think it is much of an exaggeration to say that I looked at every single EC and plasma stand in the known universe over the last month. But I think I did end up with something that fits the room and the future system really well. It doesn't arrive for another 2 weeks yet, so the jury is out still and I am anxious to see it in the room. I do believe in function over form, but only when you absolutely can't get both!

That is why I was so happy to find Axiom as every indication is that I will get great function and form combined with stellar customer service-all anybody wants-right? Even if I end up ordering 4 or 5 more finish samples.

Now if I could only pick a #!#!# receiver. I did read several manuals and then went back and read the owners forums and saw over and over again that lots of things are left out of the manuals-even if they are readable. I am afraid it is going to come down to flipping a coin and then I will just have to come back here for help on setting the darn thing up so I can get proper bass and sound regardless of audio or video format. I don't suppose there is some preferred wiring or setup guide somewhere on this forum that I haven't found yet, is there? Right now I am pretty much thinking the Yamaha 2600 but I read of some issues with it and the Denon 2910 DVD player-so I am back to looking at recommended DVD players.

And I get it that I need to buy a universal remote. One more thing to research...

My husband is starting to think that this whole purchase is just a disguised attempt to sit on my butt for hours on end typing on my computer.

Thanks for all your input guys!

-Laurie