Quote:

...the MX series has serious complaints about faulty units and poor customer support as well.

Hi Laurien. I'm very surprised to hear this. I have both and MX-700 and MX-850, and have never had a problem with them. I know of numerous other MX owners, both here and at other forums, and have never heard of complaints about a faulty unit.

There has recently been a customer service flap because URC stopped supporting The MXEditor software for remotes purchased from unauthorized dealers. If you have, or purchase, a remote from an unauthorized dealer, such as one will find on Ebay, as long as your remote has a serial number (under the batteries in the battery compartment) you can still download the software needed to program your remote from URC's web site, but it will not support the live update feature. All software received from authorized dealers will support the live update feature.

Should anyone be interested in a URC remote, simply contact Mike at SurfRemoteControl.com (discounts@surfremotecontrol.com), and ask if there are any discounts available for the remote you want. Surf is an authorized dealer and offers substantial discounts on many remotes. They just aren't allowed to advertise that fact.

I bought my MX-850 from an unauthorized Ebay dealer at a substantial discount from MSRP, and was chagrined to find that Ray got his from Surf, for less than mine cost. Hard lessons learned.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton