If your looking for an affordable mfg's screen, Carada makes some very nice screens with velvet borders. Nickbuol enjoys his very much. I think there is one out there called the Greywolf also, by Optoma I think Best Buy carries that glass beaded screen.

Matte White, is basically flat white, or 1.0 gain. It has been around the screen industry as long as theaters have been in existence. My experience is that gray enhancing screens are not needed as much anymore, since projector contrast ratings are much better than a few years ago. Also, the more you try to screw with contrast, color vibrance can suffer. On the flip side, a nice high gain screen can give you lots of punch and great colors, however, contrast can suffer.

For me, I have no issues with lighting. My room is totally controlled to be as dark as I want, or if I want a little ambient light in the background, I usually leave the bar area light on. Heck, I've even had a pool match going on and a HD football game on the big screen with no problems.

I used Dazian as a source for my screen material, they have been selling material to professional theaters for years. They also have an Ebay store. The frame I used some good quality boards from Menards and some corner braces, and a middle support. I think I have like $100 total in my 51" x 120" screen.

I also think some of the other manufactures like Dalite and others will sell you just the fabric, not sure. You can also use "BlackOut" cloth, which is basically drapery lining to blockout the sun. The rubbery side works great for screens. Some people even add paint on top.

If you have a Menards or Home Depot, see if they have any Parkland DurothermLite panels in their paneling aisle. Standard size is 4ft x 8ft x 5/16 core. The smooth side is great for screens, just hang and enjoy.

So many options.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85