Quote:

3. I am able to put the screen 37" off the floor while having a 8" riser, is this riser height too high for a 8' ceiling? My other option is to opt for a 40" high screen with a 6" riser. But they may cause the front 2 recliners to have neck pain?

I don't think the 3" difference between 37" vs. 40" off the floor will be a problem. But I think you will be fine with an 8" riser in an 8' high room. Some areas have building codes that regulate the minimum clearance. I have a finished basement ceiling at 7.5' and a riser that is 9" tall. It seems fine.

Quote:

4. Do you use 1/2" plywood for the riser or 1" floor board? Does it matter if I have enough studs to support the weight?

Could you get 3/4" plywood? 1/2" seems a little thin, but may be okay with close supports (12" apart?). I would recommend at least 5/8".

Quote:

5. How high should the tweeter be on the M22s? High enough to match the front row seating height or the top row? or in the middle somewhere?

Ideally the tweaters in the main channels would be at the same level as the center, to give a seamless pan across the front channels. Without an accousticaly transparent screen with the center behind, this typically isn't possible. I would try to get your center so it's just a few inches below the image, and put your M22s at a height so the tweeters are about the height of the front row listeners ears (approx. 40-42"). Then you will have the tweeters of the mains and center within 8" or so, and should be fine.

Sounds like you are thinking of all the right things, and will come up with a good design. That is a very nice drawing you did in Excel.

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/