Quote:

I take it you are no longer looking to wall mount the M22's as you had been thinking in previus posts?

Well, after Randy was saying that he was worried about the M22s ripping out of the drywall and smashing on the ground...it brought up some nasty nightmares.

I have no studs close to where I would like to put the M22s, but I do desire to get that extra 9db under 100hz when wall mounted. So I will just have to suck it up and use stands...

I was just researching running wires through walls (another thing that I had not thought about when i started my basement about 2 months ago). My ceiling is still open so that is pretty nice for running wires, the thing that bothers me is making sure not to run any wires next to power cables, that is near impossible (when thinking about it in my head). Although I do think I could keep it down to 90 degree intersections with power cables. I need to drill separate holes a the top of the frame in the walls in order to avoid intersection with power cables. Should be interesting getting my power drill up there in the joists drilling down on the top of the wall frame to run wires...not sure if it is even possible, we'll see.

If i can't fit my drill up there, do you guys have any ideas for drilling a hole in a 2 x 4 downwards when I only have limited clearance? I guess I could run my wires through the walls to the floor, then run them along the walls, this way I wouldn't have to worry about power interference.

I am getting all OCD again! My head is hurting!

-Hutz

Last edited by Hutzal; 09/28/06 05:47 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com