With all respect Alan, I agree that you don't want to deaden a room, that is not what I was mentioning. Standard room furnishings do help greatly, but EQ is not the answer for reducing bass collecting in corners nor fixing first reflection points.

There are many recording engineers/musicians with 30-40yrs of experience that would disagree with your comment regarding being "misguided" when working in a recording studio environments, that just is not the norm. Most of the professionals do include bass traps AND FRZ's in the mixing room. There is a wealth of information and factual proof that this is the case, by those in that field. Not to mention the tests that back these findings performed by reputible laboritories like Riverbank Acoustical Laboritories (RAL) and others.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue, just to say that in my experience since I have added these important treatments, it has made a world of difference on clarity and better imaging. Before my Axiom setup sounded fabulous, that is why I recommend others to purchase Axioms, however, the sound now is like night/day compared to before treatments. That is where the real proof is, your ears. I think the following Axiom members will agree with me: Mrnomas (audioholics writer), Jakeman, Brotherbob, and Royce73 and others, and maybe Bridgman.

Thanks

ps: Amie, thanks for posting my recent pictures, with treatments, on your Wall Of Fame.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85