Thanks John

I don't see where I said "everything which is good for a recording studio is also good for a listening room", but I know what you meant. I was only trying to say that many people believe that Room Treatments should only apply to recording situations, this simply is not true. The same holds true for a HT environments, in many respects.

As I've been working on my HT room, I've tried to get a good balance of "spaciousness", while also controlling the problem bass modes, which all rooms have, and including just enough first reflection wall/ceiling treatments, to improve clarity and imaging. Carpet and furniture by itself is not enough. Believe me, I still have many bare walls/ceiling locations around the room which I plan to leave alone.

One test I discovered recently was by throwing a few throw blankets over the top of my recliners. The leather recliners by themselves skewed the frequency graphs I was creating slightly and affected the sound. With the blankets over the top, it has improved the overall imaging and helped flatten the graphs.

Oh well, time to go mow my 2.5 acres. Glad I bought that commercial zero turn mower.

Thanks everyone, Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85