Hi,

I'm just about to start finishing my basement, and my wife is letting me get a Home Theater Actually, she was letting me get an HDTV, but when she found out I was also planning on the Home Theater, she suggested I choose one or the other.

After reading many glowing reviews on Axiom and asking the axiom expert, I've settled on the Grand Master(M22, QS8, VP150) 350 5.1, probably run by a Yamaha RX-V659. I'll probably purchase in January (if I can wait that long) to take advantage of Boxing Month.

The main room where the HT will be placed is 25x20, probably with 8 foot ceilings. However, the couch is going to be about 8-10 feet from the TV.

Here is my current dilemma:
This is the Entertainment Center we'll probably buy.

The problem is that I don't think there is a good place to put the VP150. I can put it on top of the TV (36" SDTV). I'm not convinced it would be very attractive sitting in front of the top shelf. I showed my wife a picture from the Wall of Fame with a similar TV, and there is a 0% chance of this happening.

I can put it on top of the bridging shelf. If it's on the bridging shelf, it will be 7' off the ground. I think it would just fit. I'd have to angle it down somehow towards the couch.

On the other hand, I can drop from the VP150 to the VP100. It will fit on the center shelves of the TV Buffet, which are 19" wide.

So, how much would I be giving up in terms of sound? Bear in mind that I'm going from no HT at all to this system, and I have to maintain matrimonial harmony.

Thanks,
Jared

M22s VP100 QS8s EP500 Yamaha RX-V659