Quote:

->Do you suggest therefore that I set the EP-500 to 100hz and try to control with the Denon? Or the other way around? Or will it matter at all.

Hi Ken. Just set the crossover on the EP500 to "BYPASS." This will allow the incoming signal from your Denon to bypass the EP500's crossover entirely. This is what you want, since you'll be using the crossover in the Denon.

Quote:

-> I'm using neither a test disc nor a SPL meter! Just my comparisons when I plug in the other sub... If you can recommend a test disc and a SPL meter please do so! (Thanks! )

There are a number of good calibration discs available. The most common are Digital Video Essentials (DVE) (the NTSC version NOT the PAL version), The Avia Guide To Home Theater, and Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-Up.

I just heard about the Discwasher DVD Home Theater Setup Disc. I'm not familiar with this particular disc, but I believe both Sirquack and Jakeman are. Maybe they'll stop by and share their experience with this disc with us. It is, by far, the least expensive of all the discs.

The Radio Shack Sound Pressure Level (SPL) meter will do just fine.

Here are some links which will explain the various discs, and calibration in general.

AN INTRODUCTION TO TEST & CALIBRATION DVDS aka "Why the hell do I need one of these things?" (To learn about DVE, AVIA, and Sound & Vision scroll down far enough to read "THE DIFFERENT DISCS AND THEIR ATTRIBUTES")

Essential Accessories: The Radio Shack Sound Pressure Level Meter

A Quick Overview of Home Theater Calibration

Calibrating Your Home Theater System

How To Set Up a Subwoofer (or Subwoofers) for Home Theater

Subwoofer Setup Guide by Bossobass

Common Subwoofer Set-Up Errors by Edward J M