Randy, what about ceiling height for ceiling mounting the QS8's as surrounds and rear surrounds? The left sides would be lower than the right sides by about 2-3 feet.
How dependent are the QS8's on wall/ceiling reflections?
I have 4 Mirage Omnisat v2 sats that I was planning on using. While there is a vaulted ceiling, I'd like to keep surrounds as inconspicuous as possible. The Mirage's are nice and compact, but the QS8's, while quite a bit larger, don't look too bad (especially if finished in white, same as the ceiling). And of course, sound dispersion is an important factor. I called Mirage and asked about this, and they felt the Omnisat v2's, becuase of the omnipolar design, would work fine.
I also have a Denon 2930CI universal player which I use for some SACD and DVD-A discs with 5.1.
And the new Toshiba A2 and XA2 HD DVD players on order. With the HDMI capabilities of the Toshiba, the Yamaha 2700 and my Sony LCD, HD DVD's should absolutely rock (the SACD's and DVD-A's are terrific in 5.1 on the Denon, even in my current lousy living room).
Jack