I finally sprang for a big TV. Went and picked up a JVC HD56FN97. It's a 56", 1080P, LCoS (JVC calls it HD-ILA), gi-normous box of love. The 1080P model was only a couple of bills over the normal one so I went ahead and got it. I figure I'm now future-proof for a few years anyway.

I'll tell you one thing, going from the CRT to this thing is like putting on glasses after squinting all your life. Unbelievable. Even on SD it's far clearer and more precise and colorful and so on than my CRT. And I found something out pretty quickly: Somethings are best NOT viewed on a 56" TV. I put in Apollo 13 after getting everything hooked up and the scene where Marilyn Lovell wakes up after her nightmare about Jim being blown out of his capsule almost gave me a heart attack. It shows her bloodshot eyeball full screen in horrible detail. *shudder*

Picking up the Comcast HD tuner after work today. Now I have to resist picking up an HD DVD solution until the Format War shakes itself out a little. Maybe I'll pick up the new OPPO DV-981HD. It's a 1080P upconverting player.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti