Hi Ragnarok,

Your English is a lot better than my French . As to your question, your H/K will certainly drive the M80s to reasonably loud levels but all this kinda depends on how big a room you'll be putting the M80s in, how far back you'll sit from them, and personal taste in terms of very high playback volume.

The M80s will play very cleanly and very loud in big rooms (6,000 cu ft) when you use a separate power amplifier of 200 to 350 watts per channel--so loud that I have to wear earplugs when one of my Axiom colleagues does the above, where peak levels are well above 100 dB SPL at a listening distance of 22 feet.

In an average room of 2200 cu. ft (19 x 13 x 9.5 ft; my living room), sitting 10 to 12 ft away, the M80s will certainly produce clean peak levels of 96 to 100 dB SPL, as measured on my trusty Radio Shack Sound Level Meter (analog) with an amplifier rated at 60 to 70 watts per channel, both channels driven, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.

That is as loud as I ever listen, and corresponds very closely with the peak levels I've measured sitting as close as fifth row orchestra section for full orchestra and chorus in Carnegie Hall, the Metropolitan Opera and the New York City Opera.

But if you're into rock 'n' roll at extremely loud levels, you should think about a separate power amp for the main left and right channels--the M80s.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)