Quote:

I am totally sure that deep colour, etc. is not really going to happen with the receiver. I just figure that I might as well get the most recent upgrade when I do upgrade. And boy do I need to upgrade. My current receiver is so old that it has only one optical input, no component, no HDMI, and only 5 channels. It works well with standard DVD's and singel optical/coaxial in, but that's the extent of it.

Also, bear in mind that unless you have a TV that also is HDMI 1.3 and supports and displays "deep color" (currently there are no TVs that do, btw) then you still won't be able to take full advantage. So long as you have a receiver that accepts LPCM and a HDDVD/BD player that decodes the 7.1 audio to LPCM, you are set for now. I know that doesn't apply to you specifically, but for others it might.

IMHO, if you aren't going to go HDMI 1.3 all the way through, HDDVD/BD - receiver - TV, then there's really no need to wait for a receiver alone.

Mitsubishi 62" DLP Pioneer VSX-84TXSi SA 8300HD XBOX 360 Axiom Epic 80.500 7.1 Speakers