Quote:

Glad to hear it, I am in love with my Parallel M3s. Please post your impressions when you get them in!

I will gladly share my thoughts.

Quote:

How does one know if they can run dual M3's as a centre? I have a Yamaha HTR 5450 Receiver which the manual says is rated at 80W (8ohm) for the centre channel. Could I run dual M3's?

running dual M3s as center will either make your center configuratuion runs under 4 ohm or 16 ohm load. 16 ohm load is safer for the receiver but it will probably not give you the sound you would like. 4 ohm (higher ampere) load will probably draw too much current from your receiver which it may not be able to do, thus result in cliping. Even if you can drive it, I would get an amp for them or use the new amp for the mains. That way you can eleviate the receiver from driving all the speakers by itself. It probably only has a transformer and a couple of capacitors, so you will run out of juice driving all the speakers.

Under powering your speakers will cause them to sound "bright", have "muddy" midrange, no punch in low end or low end is "uncontrolled".