LOUDSPEAKERS, by far..now, the dream of owning a system that will present music like his system is pretty difficult due to cost....there is a reason you heard full orchestrations in his home. I hear he exact same thing.....I run MBL loudspeakers and Boulder amps. That alone is a $120,000 investment. You want to know a secret....a budget system can be put together that comes darn close.....treat your room like a small jazz hall, or a smokey little gin house....intimate..up close......now, find your speakers first....the best you can afford. then good amps or.....and integrated. next, a kick butt source..cd player,,,something like a rega or audio refinement alpha complete (just got one on audiogon for $450.00) Anti-cables are great! staightwire with minimal coating for speaker wire....brutally honest. Here is my secret.....Axiom M60's, Classic 6.6 integrated, audio refinement alpha complete, Teac x-2000r reel to reel. a slice of heaven....with the axioms being the most expensive!!!!!! YOU MUST, AT ALL COST RUN A FRONT THAT IS HIGH QUALITY THRU THE AXIOMS, THEY NEED GOOD EQUIPMENT!!! The axioms are that good! You notice I did not buy the M80's....to big, to "forceful" in nature. The extra tweeter and mid are designed for loud playing.....loud! The 60's are a much more refined, delicate design.....with a gorgeous midrange...where the music is. I find myself now, sitting in my smokey little pub enjoying music like never before. The other stuff? eye candy.....wow factor....thats it. This should be "confessions of an audiophile" hope this helped a little.