I have used a Pioneer Elite for several years powering M22ti's and the VP150 center. I'm quite happy with it. I'm sure it would be just fine for powering the M60's. At the risk of starting a flame war, sometimes you will hear Axiom's described as slightly 'bright'. Sometimes you will hear that Pioneer Elite receivers are slightly 'warm'. Well, those two aspects should cancel each other out, and I can say that my m22's sound delightful powered by my P/E. YMMV.

However, the Elite's are only rated for speakers down to 6 ohms, so driving 4-ohm M80's might be a problem. I can't say for sure. Some folks say it isn't a problem and others say it is. You want M60's, so that's a non-issue. It is something to think about if you're prone to 'upgrade-itis'. I am, and considering M80's, so it's a wee bit of a concern.

Do check out your local stores, as occasionally you can get really good deals on Pioneer Elite stuff. If your local Best Buy has a 'Magnolia' center, they carry Pioneer Elite stuff. My receiver was like $999 MSRP and I bought mine for about $600, brand new at a local HT store (not Best Buy).

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office