Thanks for all the replies!

I still have a few questions though!

First I will give a description of where the sub will be placed. The area is 20' x 25' x 8', this is why I am interested in the EP500

"Usable" area is a premium and this is the reason why I am asking if it can be place in an entertainment unit.

If a sub EQ is used, does placement matter as much?

I read through the manual and it doesn't state that the Sub cannot be placed with in an enclosure. Here's what's marked in the online manual:
Cautions:
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Precautions:
5. Heat/Ventilation - Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation and to ensure reliable operation of the product to protect it from overheating. These openings must not be blocked or covered. This product should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions have been adhered to. The product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat.