Quote:

Great!

Have we seen pics yet?

Sorry I wanted to post some yesterday but the camera I borrowed from a friend out smarted me.

This is what my screen looks like from six feet behind where I sit with the room blacked out. I’m not kidding when I say that the room is blacked out! The only thing I can see when the blackout curtains are closed besides the screen is me. Short of wearing a ninja suit or watching movies laying on my stomach I’m out of luck. But dark sweat pants and socks remove most of that annoyance.

Also six feet back but with the grills off and a flash. Sadly this setup doesn’t show off the Axioms visually but then that wasn’t what I bought them for. I do like the M80s with the grills off when I’m not watching movies. Silver and Black go well together (Raider fan).

From the back right corner looking to the front left with the curtains open. That blue thing in the foreground is my bed (bachelor pad). It’s actually navy blue like in the next picture just interacted weird with the flash. I do need some real seating. I was thinking along the lines of a futon since it must double as a bed. Any suggestions are welcome.

From the left front corner looking to the back right with curtains open. The RH surround is barely visible in the back corner and right now the EP500 is just off center in the back with the lamp sitting on it. I am finding that the rear sound stage sounds better with the curtains open and it doesn’t seem to hurt the screen image so for now I’m only closing the curtains as far back as my peripheral vision.

Looking behind the curtains and HDTV. I left enough room behind the TV so I can get back there. That white pole is one of the 2x2s used to make the frame holding all the curtains. My lease stipulates nothing nailed or glued to the walls. It said nothing about building a virtual room within a room.

When the curtains are closed all the walls are blacked out from floor to ceiling. The floor in front of the viewing area has a black carpet which is rolled up and stored behind the TV when not in use. The only thing in the front of the viewing area not blacked out is the ceiling. I was making plans for this too, but then I noticed that the stucco doesn’t reflect enough light to show up on the TV screen. And it’s not visible to me since when the screen is bright it’s too bright to allow me to see the ceiling and when the screen is dark not enough light reflects off the ceiling. At this point I don’t see any advantage to be gained by blacking out the ceiling.

I don’t have any lighting hooked up to a remote yet so if I pause the DVD player and the screen saver comes on I can’t see anything. So for now I keep a flashlight by my side. Any suggestions on remote control lighting? I would need it to be something I can take with me when I move.

I want to give a more detailed review of some of the equipment I but feel I need more time using it before giving more than just first impressions.

As always any suggestions are welcome. You have all already been a great help and I hope that I can pay it forward. Once I have some real seating I will sign up for auditions in the Phoenix, AZ area. Right now I think there is only one person listed.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1