@ Jason
Quote:

Looks like you put alot of work and thought into getting it blacked, very nice.

Thanks! Once the plan came together things went quickly and fairly inexpensive. The curtains cost about $40 total money and beer for a guy in the parachute shop at work to make them. All the construction materials and carpet cost about $50 at Home Labyrinth (Depot).

The wooden frame also gave me a way to run the speaker wire so it’s out of the way.

A couple things I would do differently now. I wouldn’t bother with the curtains in back as long as all seats are facing forward. They really don’t help visually and seem to deaden some of the surround sound when they are closed. Would have gotten the Axioms in Boston Cherry because I think they look nicer and with the black grills they should be plenty dark enough.

@ Shawn
Quote:

In a bedroom, OK. But a sound switch in a theatre room??
Actually, it might be cool. Put a 600 watt bulb in that totally dark room, and play a movie with a lightning clap/thunder storm.... Talk about realism!

If it doesn’t work for the theater room I can still use it to deter potential burglars when I’m away on trips since it has a switch that activates it to any sound.

I had a friend who had these big Plexiglas lighting panels with multi-color lights inside that activated to changes in sound frequency. Not so real but very trippy.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1